Beef in the classroom grant program
Beef in the Classroom is a grant program for family and consumer sciences classes. The purpose is to provide financial support for the use of beef products in these classes. It reinforces lessons about lean beef selection, storage, preparation, nutrition and food safety.
- Beef in the Classroom funds ($100) are provided to FACS teachers of foods/nutrition or related courses, specifically teaching a unit on BEEF.
- Funds are available to middle school, junior and senior high school classes.
- Must present documentation of cooking methods used and/or discussed. Include the beef recipes prepared in class in this documentation. Receipts or copies of receipts must be presented with Evaluation Form as soon as possible after the unit is completed.
- Grant money may be used for the purchase of beef products and ingredients that are needed to complete the recipe or dish.
- Grant must be used by the end of the 2021-22 school year (exceptions may be allowed, but money will be distributed this school year). Grant will be in the form of a Visa gift card and will incur fees if not used within a year of issue date.
- One grant/teacher/school year. If you were awarded the grant last school year and were unable to use it when schools went virtual due to COVID, you may use that grant this school year AND apply for the 2021-22 grant, too.
- Only FACS teachers are eligible for the grant program.
- The grants are available on a first come, first served basis. APPLICATIONS will be accepted starting on September 15, 2021 at 8 a.m.
- Applications are available online only and the password will be available through the LISTSERV for FACS teachers through the Arkansas Department of Career Education and by email from Donette Spann.
- EVALUATIONS need to be submitted by June 30, 2022. Copies of receipts must be provided and can be downloaded with the evaluation form online.
Questions? Contact the Arkansas Beef Council at 501-228-1222 or email [email protected]